This is one Chutney close to my Heart as this was one thing I learnt immediately after Marriage.
Peanuts - 1/2 cup (roasted and deskinned)
Garlic - 3 cloves
Dried Red Chilli - 3 ( 1 for tempering)
Onion - 1 small (sliced)
Tamarind - just a small bite size (soaked in water)
Salt to taste
Oil - 2 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Urad dal - 1/2 tsp
Asafoetida - generous pinch
1. In a Kadai, dry roast peanuts and then deskin it
2. After turning off the Kadai, when it is still hot just add other ingredients except salt to accentuate it's Flavours
3. Put all ingredients in a mixer along with salt and grind to fine paste.
4. Add water if it is too dry to bring it to Chutney consistency
5. Take a small Kadai, heat oil, add Mustard seeds, urad dal and asafoetida with a dry red chilli.
6. Temper it on the Chutney. Serve with hot Idly or Dosas