How many of us would like to have pickles but with no oil. Or when we adults have pickles & kids insist having pickles.. Here is a way to give kids sweet home made lemon pickle. :)
Lemons - 8 pcs cut into 8 pieces each
Roasted methi powder - 1 tsp
Red Chilli Powder - 2 tsp
Salt - to taste
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
Asafoetida - 1/2 tsp
Sugar - 1 cup or more (depending on the sweetness)
- Mix all the above ingredients in a steel box, cover it tighlty & pressure cook it for 5 to 6 whistles.
- Let it cool. Taste the pickle. If you find a bit bitter, you can add more sugar and salt.
- You need to keep it in air tight container for a week before use. Keep it in cool & dry place. Mix it with a cleam & dry spoon.
- Goes well with Masala Kulchas or Paranthas
- Very popular pickle amongst kids
- If stored in cool & dry place, it will last for a year !