Hi.. for last four years I have been trying to learn loads of Andhra recipes. However, I have tried many of them. I will post those recipes very soon. Andhra-ites generally eat lots of pickles & vegetables.. I made Cabbage Koora..My daughter loved it.
Cabbage - 3 cups (Shredded)
Oil - 1 tbsp
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Asafoetida - a generous pinch
Curry Leaves - 10 to 12
Urad Dal - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Coconut - 3 tbsp (grated)
Ginger - 1/2 inch
Green Chilli - 1
- Grind the ingrdients mentioned in "To Grind" in a mixer without adding water
- Heat oil in a Kadai, add mustard seeds & urad dal and let it splutter. Add Curry leaves and asafoetida
- Add Cabbage. Cover and let the cabbage soften & cook on low flame. (You can sprinkle water if it is too dry)
- Add Salt to taste and then add the coconut mixture in it.
- Saute for 3 to 5 mins on low flame.
- Do not cover after adding coconut mixture
- Serve hot with plain rice or sambar rice.