It is raining outside... Usually we make bajji, bonda, pakoras for rainy season snacks... I made crispy corn kernels.. Everyone loved it.. goes very well with a cup of tea or coffee on rainy/cold days.. or with chill juice/beer ;) in summers:
American Corn (Boiled) - 1 cup
Maida - 2 tbsp
Cornflour - 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying
Pepper (Crushed) - 1.5 tsp
Ginger (Finely chopped) - 1 inch
Onion (Finely chopped) - 1 (medium)
Green Chilli (Finely chopped) - 1
Green coriander (Finely chopped)- 1 small bunch
Soya Sauce - 1 tbsp
Chilli Vinegar - 1 tbsp
- Make a thick batter (like bajji batter) from Maida, Corn flour, salt & 1/2 tsp of pepper (crushed)
- Add boiled corn to the batter & drop them in hot oil one by one. Fry till golden brown & strain them.
- Heat 2 tbsp of same oil in a separate Kadai.
- Add Ginger, green chilli, onion till onion turns transparent.
- Add salt, pepper, soya sauce & chilli vinegar
- Add the fried corn kernels & coriander & toss it for 1 min
- Garnish with coriander & Serve hot
- Reduce chilli if it is to be served to kids
- Ensure you make a lot coz it gets over in a jiffy